9 Practical Ways To Stop Overthinking Everytime on Everything.
Over the past 20 years, there have been a number of studies that contradict the notion that overconsumption is equivalent to better choices, and thus to the improvement of happiness and success. More specifically, these studies showed that superintendents are more inclined to persistent sadness and negative thinking. And although it seems that thinking about extreme issues would lead to better decisions, it has been shown that one thinks too much at the expense of problem solving and rational thinking, impeding initiative and motivation.
What is worse is that people do not pay too much attention to the dangers of thinking. Most people believe that they are preempting while they are constantly thinking, but in fact penetrate negative thoughts and favor a pessimistic view of the situation. As we know, “we are what we think”, and for those who are too much caught in the cycle of thinking, they reinforce this unfavorable thought process and let it flow into other areas of thought.
When you are here, it is strong that you identify yourself as a superintendent. That means you ask yourself what you can do with it? If you stop reading at this time, you probably think that you have a problem and then spend the rest of the week to ask yourself how it affects your thinking about what you can do to “fix” it. And again you would think so!
Exaggerated reflection is not something you were born, it is a learned habit that is formed over time, probably as a defense mechanism against the possibility of failure. Before we go on, we see what we can do about it.
If you think too much, you must change the chain immediately in your mind. Simple, is not it? Most of the time it is. The warning here is that if the solution is simple, commissioning sets a constant practice. But like most things, the more you do, the better you’ll arrive next time and the next hour. Here are some ways you can change your current thinking process:
- 1.Avoid situations and people that can lead to excessive reflection. You can do it according to the story – you can probably determine which situations you will keep night unnecessary. Or do this depending on how something makes you feel before you participate. This requires a certain self-awareness, but it is no different than what an alcoholic must do to remain sober. They avoid people, the places and the things that put them in this state of mind.
- 2.Speak. Rather, I do not talk to you about how you talked to you. “Level up” your self-talk If you have something in your head and can not shake it, respect your thought process … Perhaps you will find it surprising how often the topic appears. You may also be surprised to find that overconsumption is more likely to occur with negative thoughts, which means you are looking for the wrong things to help you overcome the situation. Whenever you think about something, especially if it is negative, think, “It does not help you what it would be useful …” and replace it with a positive affirmation. Do it every time.
- 3.Take part in a project that meets your goals. Find a happy person and you will probably find at least one active project that meets your core values. If you are able to focus your energy on something that interests you instead of the monotonous repetition of the lack of help, you can always think less about what you want to avoid.
- 4.Be distracted Get out, make something and rid your mind of what you do not stop thinking. It’s possible to do it … you just have to be willing to give it a shot, which is probably the most complicated (convince you to do it). The best way to distract me is to practice – for whatever reason, it is hard for me to think too much when I sweat – but spend time with your family, do a workout or just sit down and something to breathe. The best distractions are those in which you can find the flow state. Find your favorite diversion and make it!
- 5.Define a deadline for your reflection and document your thoughts. If you think too much, do not hesitate to do so for a short time. Give you permission to think too much, but only for 15 minutes. Set a timer, take a pencil and paper, and for 15 minutes, note everything that comes to mind. Do not take a break to correct yourself (claim that there is no erasable key or return) no matter what you write. They just let him do anything. When the 15 minutes are high, flush the paper and start (or burn it safely) and continue. Something funny
- 6.Please think of an upcoming action in a project plan. One important reason to think too much is not knowing what comes next to the current progress. Considering that exaggerated thinking is usually an unstructured thought of something, the key is to transform that energy into a structured thought. Determine what is the next possible action that you could take to push the rock to another inch to the mountain, could keep you from thinking about anything else. Crystallize your thoughts in a list of the following actions and take the first step. Add or do the following to your calendar list, and you know you are progressing.
- 7.Realize that the perfect being is not possible. The pursuit of perfection is a recipe for a catastrophe and sooner you will abandon these perfectionist tendencies, the sooner you will go through all your thoughts. Perfectionism is largely overvalued, and this publication lists the 11 reasons why!
- 8.Work through the 5 keys to overcome fear. The most important thing for superintendents is to stop the worst from happening. Ask yourself what the absolute worst is, what could happen – and then agree with this result, suggest appropriate answers if necessary. It is a surprisingly free step since almost immediately, a light bulb in the head goes off. If the worst case is not really serious, and if you know how you would be if it were to happen there, the fear of this thing could disappear altogether.
- 9.Think of the big picture. This has been the best for me in recent years. It takes a bit of experience (ie knowing that this will actually happen), but if you ask yourself, “Is it a question in a month / 6 months / 1 year?” And the answer is “no” or “not really”, so what is the purpose of the thought of death? If you do, in fact determine what will be important in a year, you can take advantage of this opportunity to benefit from a posttraumatic growth. How has this experience changed? What did you learn, or how do you feel different next time?
Overtaking is a real prejudice of attention and should be eliminated. Building positive habits and strengthening them over time will make a big difference in your inclination, and these steps are ways you can do this. Let me know how it works!